Tuesday, May 6, 2008

"We are only as wise, as our ears are open"

"Children pretend to listen. Through no fault of their own, they learnt it from those before them. The only way to change this is for everyone to listen." - leanne carmichael

I am so guilty of this. And I wonder why my kids act as if they have holes in their heads. This is my thing to work on this week. Actually listening, not cutting people off and not thinking of what I am going to say. I know when I am PRESENT in the conversation with my kids things go much smoother than when I have holes in MY head.

2 comments:

Becky A said...

awesome! and I so agree...I love your blog layout, so clean.

Ellie McFreaken said...

Amy, I have thought about that a lot! I tend to not be present in conversations with people. I am trying to listen more and talk less....I have NEVER noticed you cutting me off in a convo.....
great to see you are part of the bloggy blog world!